Teachers of the independent Ibtedai Madrasa are on strike ahead of the National Press Club for 15 days during a row between rain and winter.
বাংলায় পড়তে ক্লিক করুন
As per the pre-announced program, the procession started from the front of the Press Club alongside the Prime Minister’s Office on Sunday (November 29). But the teachers’ march got stuck ahead of the supreme court thanks to police obstruction. Later they took up an edge there.
After lecturing them, the police sent two representatives of Ibtedai Madrasa teachers to the Prime Minister’s Office and dispersed the remainder.
The teachers’ representatives submitted a memorandum to the Prime Minister demanding seven points.
They have 6 demands
- Announcement of nationalization through all independent ibtedayi madrasa general assembly like primary
- Inclusion of codeless madrasas in code numbers by the board
- Amendment of Independent Ibtedai Madrasa Policy-2018 Inclusion of 1 HSC pass rather than one Alim teacher
- Recruitment of office assistants in independent ibtedayi madrasas like primary
- Arranging PTI training for madrasa teachers
- Construction of building with furniture in Ibtedai Madrasa
- Arranging for permanent registration of independent ibtedayi madrasas.
The teachers also mentioned within the memorandum that the teachers’ salaries and allowances would be paid.
Bashir Aftab, joint secretary-general of the Bangladesh Independent Ibtedai Madrasa Teachers’ Association, said, “We are holding a sit-in ahead of the press club for 15 days. If the demand isn’t met, we’ll continue a fast. ‘